Fall Risk and Prevention
Fall Risk and Prevention Facts: Did You Know?
- Every 11 seconds, an older person receives emergency room treatment for a fall.
- Someone dies from a fall ever 19 minutes.
- A fifth of all falls result in serious injury.
At Premier Caregiver Services, our number one priority is our clients’ safety and well-being. To help reduce the risk of a serious fall, we recommend that you follow these simple tips.
- Talk to your doctor or personal care provider to evaluate your risk of a fall and review all your medications.
- Do strength and balancing exercises at home with the help of a physical therapist or caregiver.
- Have your vision and hearing checked regularly to assure your senses are working to the best of their abilities.
- Do an in-home safety check to ensure there are no serious obstacles or restrictions in your home that could increase your risk of falling.
If you are concerned about the safety of a loved one and can’t always be here, we are here to help. We have a wonderful team of caregivers who are available to help ensure their safety and well-being. We are always happy to do a FREE home safety evaluation as part of our assessment.
Contact us today through our Contact Us page or by calling Premier Caregiver Services at 502-718-8727. We are available 24/7 to take your call and are here to help in any way we can!