Dementia is a widespread issue that affects different individuals in different ways – there are several strains of the disease that range from very common to relatively rare. As outlined above, our dementia care services focus on five types of dementia, but what’s the difference?
An Overview of 5 Types of Dementia
- Alzheimer’s Disease is often characterized by abnormal deposits of proteins that form amyloid plaques and tau tangles on and inside neurons in all parts of the brain.
- Vascular Dementia develops when outside conditions such as blood clots or strokes disrupt blood flow in and to the brain.
- Lewy Body Dementia deals with a different kind of protein nicknamed, “Lewy bodies,” that disrupt the brain’s chemical messengers.
- Frontotemporal Dementia develops with abnormal amounts and/or forms of tau and TDP-43 proteins accumulate inside neurons in the frontal and temporal lobes.
- Parkinson’s with Dementia is caused by Parkinson’s Disease, which alters the brain and eventually causes dementia symptoms.
All types of dementia come with a unique set of symptoms and needs, and therefore requires a different level of care. We offer steps to ensure that your loved one leads a balanced life that allows them to keep as much of their independence as possible while having around-the-clock care available when they need it.
Premier Caregiver Services Provides Experienced Dementia Care
No matter what kind of dementia your loved one has, Premier Caregiver Services ensures that you’ll get the best caregiver for your situation. Our team is dedicated to helping promote a high quality of life for your loved one, relieving the symptoms of dementia, and encouraging peace and happiness.